Hot Rolled High Strength Low Alloy Steel Coils
Chesterfield Steel provides additional cost savings by developing stock and release programs of hot rolled HSLA steel coils that match your inventory needs. Contact us today for additional information.
High Strength Low Alloy (HSLA) steels are very strong, highly formable, and easy to weld. They may resist corrosion and rust better than plain-carbon steels. HSLA Steels are made to provide specific mechanical properties rather than specific chemical compositions. Use hot rolled high strength low alloy steel grades in cars, trucks, cranes, bridges, and other structures where their high strength-to-weight ratio is most cost-effective.
Because of its mechanical properties, Hot rolled HSLA steel coil can be used to save weight, yet increase strength. By using thinner, lighter steels with increased strength, high strength steels give more footage and thereby lower cost per pound.
Why Hot Rolled HSLA Coil Grades 35-100?
- Recommended for: HSLA Steels resist corrosion and rust better than plain-carbon steels. Use HSLA steels in cars, trucks, cranes, bridges, and other structures where their high strength-to-weight ratio is most cost-effective.
- Chemistry: up to several percent of Mn, Si, Cr, Mo.
- Cost: Medium
- Steel Grades: 35-100
- Thickness: .045 - .250
- Process: Master coil / Slit Mults / Cut Lengths / Multi-Blank / Configured Blank.
Strength, Yield Strength ksi(MPa), Tensile Strength ksi(MPa): Stronger, 35-100 (240-690)
- For higher strength and lower weight, consider Advanced High Strength Steels
Formability: % Elongation: Good
- For better formability consider Deep Drawing Steel
Corrosion Resistance: Better
- For better corrosion resistance, consider Coated Steel
Services and Resources
Our knowledge and experience give nearly 100% accurate delivery of High Carbon, Low Carbon, Stainless Steel products processed and packaged to your exact specifications.