Steel Quality Management System
As a commitment to our customers, Chesterfield Steel has established a Steel Quality Management System that meets or exceeds our customer's requirements for material and services on every order. We will continually improve our Steel Quality Management System and Ensure that It Is understood and applied throughout all processes at Chesterfield Steel.
- 100% on-time delivery.
- ContinuaI Improvement to our Quality Management System.
- Continual Improvement to measurable processes.
- Continual Improvement to our Customer's satisfaction.
In reference to H.R. 4173/Section 1502 of the Dodd-Frank Act which was adopted by the SEC concerning “conflict minerals” that are mined in the Democratic Republic of Congo (“DRC”) or adjoining countries. Chesterfield Steel, a division of Steel Warehouse, after due inquiry and responses of our steel vendors, to the best of our knowledge, does not produce, use or supply product either directly or as a processor, that contain “conflict minerals” as defined in the SEC final rules.
In reference to the substances mention in RoHS 3, Chesterfield Steel, a division of Steel Warehouse, as we do not melt the steel, only buy it from various steel mills world-wide and based on their statements to us Chesterfield Steel can report:
- None of the restricted substances are intentionally added to steel and if present, they would have come from the scrap used to make the steel.
- The physics of the steel-making process make it unlikely that any of the substances will survive the melting operation.
- 100% scrap fed mini-mills have advised that 0-20 ppm Cd and 0-100ppm P, both well within RoHS maximum concentration levels have been found in finished product. No PBB, PBDE, Hg or phthalates have ever been detected.
- We are not aware of any tests, from any source, indicating non-compliance.
- Though currently exempted we do not distribute leaded steels.
- Based on the above, we believe our suppliers (and we) are in compliance with the directive.