Multi-Blanking Processing & Cut to Length Lines
With Chesterfield’s multi-blanking & cut to length lines, you can get metal sheets and blanks cut to your exact specifications. Cut to Length processing is used to process metals into specific lengths and pieces for further processing. Multi-blanking processing combines both slit-to-width and cut-to-length processes in one, providing cost-efficient custom slit blanks or sheets from coiled stock. Chesterfield can provide multi-blanking & cut to length processing to meet your exact specifications.
Benefits of Multi-Blanking & Cut to Length Processing
Multi-blanking & cut to length lines offer a number of benefits, such as:
- Reduced processing time
- Reduced scrap by cutting to exact measurements
- Streamlined material flow
- Minimizes manual material handling to preserve the top and bottom surface of each sheet
- 50,000lb coil weight max
- 16,000lb exit weight max
- Entry ID: 20-24”
- Have the ability to hold flatness at 2/3 of the ASTM A1011 standard.
- (capabilities may vary based on grade / dimension of the blank)
- Thickness range—.018”—.125”
- Width range—8”—72”
- Length range—12”—144”
- Max # of cuts—5
Chesterfield’s Multi-Blanking & Cut to Length lines have the following capabilities:
- Cut to Length a full width coil without side trimmer
- Side edge trim and cut to length a full width coil
- Multi-Blank/Slear a full width coil by slitting up to 5 mults and cut them to the same length in one process
- We have the ability to inspect material while the machine is running
- We perform full dimensional analysis to ensure accuracy in the dimensions of the blank
Industries & Applications
A number of different industries utilize multi blanks and cut to length steel, including:
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is cut-to-length?
A: Cut-to-length refers to a process in which a steel coil is uncoiled and fed through a shear blade for widthwise cutting into required lengths with a precise tolerance.
Q: What is multi-blanking?
A: Multi-blanking refers to a process that combines slit-to-width and cut-to-length processes in one, providing cost-efficient custom slit blanks or sheets from coiled stock. Chesterfield can provide multi-blanking and cut-to-length processing to meet your exact specifications.
Q: What are the benefits of cut-to-length and multi-length processing?
A: These processes have many benefits such as reducing processing time, less scrap, streamlining material flow, and minimizing material handling to preserve top and bottom surfaces.