Cold Rolled HSLA Coils
High Strength Low Alloy (HSLA) steel grades are very strong, highly formable, and easy to weld. They resist corrosion and rust better than plain-carbon steels. HSLA steels are made to provide specific mechanical properties rather than specific chemical compositions. Use cold rolled high strength low alloy steel coils in cars, trucks, cranes, bridges, and other structures where their high strength-to-weight ratio is most cost-effective.
Why Use Cold Rolled HSLA Coil?
- Recommended for: making parts with more complex shapes that weigh less. HSLA Steels resist corrosion and rust better than plain-carbon steels. Use HSLA steels in cars, trucks, cranes, bridges, and other structures where their high strength-to-weight ratio is most cost-effective.
- Chemistry: up to several percent of Mn, Si, Cr, Mo.
- Cost: Medium
Strength, Yield Strength ksi(MPa), Tensile Strength ksi(MPa): Stronger, 35-100 (240-690)
- For higher strength and lower weight, consider Advance High Strength Steels
Formability: % Elongation: Good
- For better formability consider Deep Drawing Steel
Corrosion Resistance: Better
- For better corrosion resistance, consider Coated Steel
Services and Resources
Our knowledge and experience give nearly 100% accurate delivery of High Carbon, Low Carbon, Stainless Steel products processed and packaged to your exact specifications.