Cold Rolled Drawing Steel Coils
Drawing Steel is low-carbon steel with lower yield-strength for easy forming. Use it for drawn parts and in exposed parts where the surface requirements are more demanding than a CS application. Cold rolled drawing steel grades are DS Types A, B and B with Boron, with distinct chemistries that have been developed for specific applications. We will be glad to help you select the exact grade for your cold rolled drawing steel coils.
Why Use Cold Rolled DS Coil?
- Recommended for: Drawn parts and in exposed parts where the surface requirements are more demanding than a CS application
- Cost: Medium
Strength, Yield Strength ksi(MPa), Tensile Strength ksi(MPa): Strong, 25-45 (170-310), depending on Type
- For higher strength and lower weight, consider High-strength, Low-alloy
Formability: % Elongation: Good, ≥ 26
- For better formability consider Deep Drawing Steel
Corrosion Resistance: Good
- For better corrosion resistance, consider Coated Steel
Industries and Applications for Cold Rolled Drawing Quality Steel Coil
Cold Rolled Drawing Quality Steel is used for a wide variety of applications in many different industries including but not limited to:
- Hand and Power Tools
- Metal Furniture
- Lighting Fixtures
- Tubing and Roll Formed Sections
- Lawn and Garden
- Metal Containers and Drums
Benefits of Cold Rolled Drawing Quality Steel Coil
- CRDQS is manufactured with a more controlled process than CQ, which lends itself to be a better fit for an application with moderate to severe deformation.
- CRDQS has an improved yield and tensile strength as well as tighter thickness tolerances when compared to hot rolled steel products.
- CRDQS offers a more uniform surface finish than CQ, which allows the steel to flow evenly through the die during production, and maintain that uniform finish through the process
- CRDQS has a limited Carbon content to allow for more ductility than a Cold Rolled Commercial Quality Steel
Services and Resources
Our knowledge and experience give nearly 100% accurate delivery of High Carbon, Low Carbon, Stainless Steel products processed and packaged to your exact specifications.