Cold Rolled Deep Drawing Steel Coil
Cold rolled deep drawing steel is a low carbon steel with relatively low yield strength and very good forming characteristics. Use it for very deep drawing applications that need a very smooth surface. Cold drawn steel is steel that is drawn passes through a series of dies to achieve the desired shape. Cold drawn steel is manufactured at room temperatures, which requires additional pressure to shape the steel, but provides additional qualities and a visually aesthetic appearance.
We will be glad to help you select the exact grade for your cold drawn steel coil.
Properties of Deep Drawing Steel
- Weldability: low-carbon levels make DDS a candidate for welding
- Fatigue Performance: more susceptible to fatigue than higher strength steels
- Denting: more susceptible to denting
Specifications of Cold Rolled Deep Drawing Steel
Strength, Yield Strength ksi(MPa), Tensile Strength ksi(MPa): Strong, 18-30 (125-210)
- For higher strength and lower weight, consider High-strength, Low-alloy
Formability: % Elongation: Excellent, ≥ 38%
- For better formability consider Extra Deep Drawing Steel
Corrosion Resistance: Fair
- For better corrosion resistance, consider Coated Steel
Why Use Cold Rolled Deep Drawing Steel?
- Cold drawn steel can be manufactured to more precise measurements
- Cold drawn steel has improved yield strength and tensile strength over hot rolled steel
- Cold drawn steel has an improved surface finish over hot rolled steel
- Recommended for: Very deep drawing and difficult forming applications that need a very smooth surface
- Cost: Medium
Cold drawn steel coil can be used in many industries including:
Chesterfield has a proven track record of performing to high standards for more than 60 years. Be it ¼ tolerance, 100% on-time deliveries, exceptional quality with zero claims, just to name a few. Chesterfield will meet the challenge. With our excellent, experienced staffing in every facet of this business, we are there to handle all your needs. The expectation to get it right is our forte.
Services and Resources
Our knowledge and experience give nearly 100% accurate delivery of High Carbon, Low Carbon, Stainless Steel products processed and packaged to your exact specifications.