Commercial Coated Steel Coil
Commercial Steel is low-carbon steel that is used for mild forming and bending. Use it where surface smoothness is not important. There are three coated commercial steel grades: coated commercial steel types A, B, & C with distinct chemistries that have been developed for specific applications. We will be glad to help you select the exact grade for your commercial coated steel coils.
Why Use Commercial Coated Steel?
- Recommended for: Unexposed applications where surface smoothness is not important
- Chemistry: A ‘plain’ steel without expensive alloying elements.
- Cost: Low
Strength, Yield Strength ksi (MPa), Tensile Strength ksi (MPa): Strong, 25-55 (170-380), depending on Type
- For higher strength and lower weight, consider High-strength, Low-alloy
Formability: % Elongation: Good, 15-26% minimum depending on Type
- For better formability consider Drawing Steel
Corrosion Resistance: Very Good
- For better corrosion resistance, consider Stainless Steel
Services and Resources
Our knowledge and experience give nearly 100% accurate delivery of High Carbon, Low Carbon, Stainless Steel products processed and packaged to your exact specifications.